WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Big E begins its fair from September 17 to October 3 with over 80 live musical guests.
The Eastern State Exposition sent out a press release to 22News with The Big E’s full lineup of entertainment, exhibits, fair food, rides, shopping and more. The Eastern States exhibit will follow the health guidelines of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of West Springfield.
The Big E Arena, all shows are at 7:30 p.m. and doors open at 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
Stage of the Cour d’Honneur, all concerts are free with fair entry:
- Sep 17-26: Tom Franek, 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 6 p.m.
- Sep 17-19: Modern English, 3 p.m.
- Sep 17: Jesse McCartney, 8 p.m.
- Sep 18: Kameron Marlowe, 8 p.m.
- Sep 19: Foghat, 8 p.m.
- Sep 20-21: Raniere Martin in the Donna Summer Experience, 3 p.m.
- Sep 20-21: The Yardbirds, 8 p.m.
- Sep 22-23: Exile, 3 p.m.
- September 22: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, 8 p.m.
- Sep 23: 10,000 maniacs, 8 p.m.
- Sep 24-26: Le Bar-Kays, 3 p.m.
- Sep 25: Plain white t’s, 8 p.m.
- September 26: Don McLean, 8 p.m.
- Sep 27-28: Outlaws, 8 p.m.
- Sep 27-Oct 3: The Everly Set, 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Sep 29-30: Big Brother and the Holding Company, 3 p.m.
- Sep 29: Lisa Lisa, 8 p.m.
- Sep 30: Ripe, 8 p.m.
- October 1: Kashmir: The Live Led Zeppelin Show, 8 p.m.
- Oct 1-3: Homage to the King performed by Taylor Rodriguez, 3 p.m.
- October 2: Hoobastank, 8 p.m.
- October 3: Darryl “DMC” McDaniels from RUN DMC, 8 p.m.
The hours are: Monday to Thursday from 4.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m .; Friday and Saturday from 3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Houston Bernard, September 19
- Listen, September 22
- Choco Band, September 24
- Amber eyes, October 1
- Otan Vargas with special guest Ted Lewis (10/2)
- Grand parade, Mon – Thursday, at 6.30 p.m. and Fri – Sun, at 5 p.m.
- Commerford Children’s Zoo
- Spectacular and kids’ rides on the North American Midway
- Comic fortune teller, Zultar
Features of the 2021 show:
- Eastern States Exhibition History Museum
- Hampden County Building â¢ Daily, 10 am-10pm
- NEW! The Thrill of it All: History of Auto Thrill Shows at The Big E, The Story of Storrowton Music Tent and ESE remembers the 20th anniversary of September 11.
- Budweiser Clydesdales
- Sahara, presented by Camel Kingdom
- Circus show, under the big top â¢ Every day, 1, 4 and 7 p.m.
- Premium reserved circus tickets are $ 10, on TheBigE.com and The Big E Box Office.
- Swifty Swine Racing Pigs, at the Rotonde Mallary â¢ Daily – 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm.
- Collector Car Live returns to The Big E on September 26 at noon on the stage of the Cour d’honneur
At The Big E, it’s all about food! Try our signature desserts – The Big E Cream Puff and Big Ãclair and expect a new surprise flavor for 2021! Discover the Big E Craz-E Burger! Want something specific? Not only are there hundreds of options to choose from, but new dishes are available every year for you to try.
- Mallary Complex, experience farm life with contests of cows, sheep, goats, llamas and more throughout the Fair.
- The Butter Sculpture, a culinary art team’s witness to Jim Victor and Marie Pelton’s masterpiece made from 600 pounds of butter from the Agri-Mark / Cabot dairy cooperative!
- Eastern States Farmers Market and Wine Barn, home to some of New England’s finest wines, cheeses, ciders and more! Agricultural demonstrations, such as spinning and weaving, or cooking in the demonstration kitchen. Fancy a refreshing drink? Grab a wine slush and a cheese plate, or a wine sundae at the Wine CafÃ© and relax in the courtyard. Don’t forget to check out the Fiber Festival of New England, November 6-7!
- Milk kiosk and apple kiosk 4-H, treat yourself to a “Jetshake!” Old-fashioned chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. Stop by the Milk Booth 4-H located under the Mallary Rotunda. Or, if you fancy a light and healthy snack, Farm-A-Rama’s 4-H Apple Stand will be perfect.
- Farm-A-Rama, watch the chicks hatch, see a sow and litter, Henrietta the cow, sheep, goats, FFA landscape displays, bees, Hallamore Clydesdales and much more.
- Eastern States Exposition Horse Show, witness the elegance of horses trotting, galloping and galloping to first place at the Eastern States Exposition Horse Show, a heritage competition of the Equestrian Federation of the United States (USEF), sponsored by Budweiser. Coliseum shows include: The Hunter Show and Zone 1 HOTY Finals, September 15-19; $ 15,000 Hunter Classic, September 17; and Saddlebreds, Hackneys, Morgans, Friesians and Open Opportunity Courses, September 23-26; The Big E Draft Horse Show, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, featuring the $ 50,000 Six-Horse Hitch Showdown, the Haflinger and Hitch Pony Hitch Championship Series Finals and the North American Classic Cart Series Finals on October 3.
Central New England
Enter the New England Center, home to the creative arts, 4-H clubs, food competitions and more. Discover the fun family entertainment happening on the Central New England community stage or watch the creativity in the making at Demonstration Corral.
If you have a passion for the arts, visit the New England Center to see the display of entries and winners of the exhibition’s annual creative arts competitions – photography, quilting, sewing, knitting, pottery, beading, decorative paintings on fabric, hand weaving and other inscriptions and needlework winners. This year’s New England Center contest lineup includes: Make it with Clay contest, September 21; Jigsaw Puzzle Challenge, October 2; and the woodturning and scroll saw competition on September 29. Food lovers show off their talents in a variety of food competitions.
An oasis of peace and tranquility, this reconstructed 19th-century New England village surrounds a picturesque village. During the Fair there will be a lot of activities, such as demonstrations of broom making, tinsmithing and more. There will also be glassblowing demonstrations by Mobile Glass Studios, children’s games on the green, and tours of historic buildings.
Animations at the Village
Stop by the Storrowton Village Gazebo as Jimmy Mazz hosts a series of fun performers, show times are 1, 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Hilby, the skinny German juggler, September 17-22
- Zuma Zuma Circus, September 23-27
- Yo Yo Guy, September 28-Oct. 3
Avenue of the States
The only place in the country where you can visit all six New England states without leaving the fairgrounds. Each state does its best to offer unique products, crafts, food, vacation information and more. Check out Harvest New England Day, October 1 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., when the lawns of the buildings contain a plethora of native produce and specialty vendors.
Treat yourself to something special, shop for a few gifts and crafts for family and friends, or start (and end) your holiday shopping – at Big E. Buildings and roads are full of unique shops and vendors for you. satisfy all your shopping needs. Stop by an official Big E Merchandise store for your Fairwear! T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and more! Stores are located inside Gate 5, the East Visitor Center and on Commonwealth Avenue.
Arts and crafts
Find an abundance of beautifully created crafts at Craft Common (on the green backdrop of Storrowton Village), along Hampden Avenue, and in the Carriage House. Discover unique jewelry, works of art, decorative items and more.
Are you looking for the perfect addition to your garden? Find a new gazebo, garage, shed, hot tub, or tractor as you stroll through the fairgrounds.
Better Living Center
Our 123,000 square foot shopping center has something for everyone. In the BLC, find everything from fancy jewelry to the latest hair accessories, kitchen gadgets or unique items for your pet.
The Storrowton Village Gift Shop in the Phillips House offers colorful scarves and accessories, jewelry, socks, creative posters, novelty tea towels and more. After visiting Potter Mansion, stop by the Christmas Shop. Nearby, on the lower level of the Grange building, the Yankee Candle Shop offers a range of scented candles, candle holders, tableware and accessories to lighten up your holiday shopping.
International place in the Young building
Looking for unique products? Maybe interior decoration or souvenirs? We have great products from all over the world with places like India, Ecuador, Greece, China, Thailand and more.
The Big E offers ways to save:
- Be a kid for a day – everyone pays kids admission for just $ 10
- Military Appreciation Day, sponsored by VA New England Healthcare System
- Military members in active service and retired – Free on presentation of an identity document
- Dependents of active duty military personnel – Free on presentation of ID
- Veterans (no dependents) – Free with DD-214, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs photo ID, or proof of veterans organization membership
Buy discounted tickets and save
Discounted tickets and Midway Magic vouchers are available online at TheBigE.com and at the Big E Box Office until September 15 or at the Big YÂ® World Class MarketÂ® from August 19 to September 15. Advance tickets cost $ 12 for adults and $ 8 for children 6 to 12 years old. Advance Midway Magic vouchers are $ 25, valid any day of Monday. – Fri or redeem for 26 Sat & Sun race coupons.
Regular entrance at the door
Adults $ 15 / Children aged 6 to 12 $ 10; Children five and under are free. Halfway magic passes, $ 30. Go front line with Midway Express Access, $ 15. Admission tickets and Midway Magic passes are sold online at TheBigE.com and Big YÂ® World Class MarketÂ® September 16-Oct. 3.
17-day passes cost $ 40 for adults and $ 20 for children ages 6 to 12 and are available online now and at Big YÂ® World Class MarketÂ®.
Drop-offs at the door
- Six-After-Five – Admission is only $ 6 after 5 p.m. on Monday. – Thusday.
- Senior days – 60 years and over only $ 12 Mon – Thursday.
Great hours E
- Doors open at 8 a.m.
- Buildings, exhibitions and crafts: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Storrowton Village, the Yankee Candle Shop and Avenue of States are open until 9 p.m.
- The Craft Center of the Village is open until 10 p.m.
- The North American Midway is open to the sun. – Thursday, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The Big E, the great New England State Fair, takes place September 17 through October 3 in West Springfield.