Following repeated complaints from local residents, the Utica Police Department recently conducted a detailed investigation of motorcycle and ATV enforcement, primarily in the North and East Utica areas.
Five dirt bikes were seized.
12 tickets were issued and two misdemeanor charges were brought.
According to the police, three minors were also arrested but have not been charged because of their age.
Last year, the city of Utica passed additional legislation providing for fines and impound fees for anyone caught using these machines.
Police also wish to remind residents of the City of Utica of the New York State vehicle and traffic laws regarding motorized devices.
You may not save or use any of the motorized devices listed below on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk, or other area in New York State that permits public vehicular traffic within engine.
You could be arrested or fined if you do.
- motorized scooter – a device with an attached engine and a handlebar for a standing rider. An example of a motorized scooter is the device called Go-ped.
- mini-bike – a small motorized device with two wheels and created for off-road use. A mini-bike is not considered a moped, motorcycle or ATV.
- off-road motorcycle (Dirt Bike) – A motorcycle designed for use on off-road trails or in off-road competitions. Unless exempt, these vehicles must be registered as ATVs
- go kart – a small four-wheeled motorized device, created for off-road use. You cannot register a go-kart as a motor vehicle or ATV because a go-kart does not have the same equipment.
- golf cart (also called golf cart or neighborhood electric vehicle) – a small four-wheeled motorized device designed to transport people. You cannot register a golf cart as an ATV.
- Motor-assisted bicycle – a bicycle to which a small motor is attached. A motor-assisted bicycle does not qualify for registration as a motorcycle, moped or mountain bike and does not have the same equipment.
Also, you cannot use these devices in a city park or playground. If you drive an unlicensed motor vehicle or device on a public right of way, you run the risk of being stopped, ticketed, and/or having your device confiscated
The worst places for beggars in Utica
These intersections are where you are most likely to encounter a beggar in Utica.
May- 45 New York Lottery Scratch Tickets with Most Number One Jackpots Remaining
Here in New York, now is the time to start looking for some amazing jackpots. There are all sorts of different types of scratch tickets offered by the New York Lottery.
Looking at the latest weekly grand prize roundup, we counted 44 different tickets with grand prizes still on the market. The report was last updated on March 28, as we publish this article.
24 things you are guaranteed to see on a CNY side road
If you walk down a side road in central New York, you’re bound to see at least 24 things you won’t find in the city.